6 amazing uses of a vacuum cleaner
A vacuum cleaner works by sucking in air through a pipe (just like your mouth when drinking with a straw). Particles small enough to fit into the nozzle are sucked in along with the air and collected in a compartment. This makes it a very important cleaning tool for households.
However, beyond cleaning up your home, there are some amazing ways a vacuum cleaner can be of service to you. Here are 6 amazing uses of a vacuum cleaner.
1. Fix carpet dents
Remember when you cleaned up your apartment and did some rearrangement. After you finished cleaning, you noticed dents from your heavy chairs on your carpet.
Vacuum cleaner to the rescue!
- Place some ice cubes on the dents
- Allow the cubes melt and wet the dent
- Vacuum the wet area of the carpet
- This returns the carpet to its original shape
2. Deodorize your home
The mode of operation of your vacuum cleaner makes it a very good agent of distribution for deodorants in your apartment while it is in use.
- Soak a cotton wool with a sweet-smelling substance
- Drop the loaded cotton wool in your vacuum cleaner bag
- Use your vacuum cleaner as usual
3. Groom your pet
You love your pet, and they probably love you too. Some pets (like cats and dogs) enjoy activities that involve contact with your clothes. Therefore, sometimes you will find hairs all over your clothes. A clean you won’t like this, will you?
Here’s what you can do.
- Reduce your vacuum cleaner to the lowest possible setting
- Get a hold of your pet
- Gently rub the nozzle all over your pet
- Your vacuum cleaner sucks in all the extra hairs or furs from your pet
Now you have a clean pet and your pet probably enjoyed a massage!
For better measure, you can vacuum your pet’s space in the house as well as pillows and blankets containing pet hairs.
4. Find a tiny lost item
Are you missing an earring? Perhaps a button?
Here are some useful items whose loss could spell problems, or headaches. To make matters worse, they are tiny, hence, can drop into tiny cracks.
You vacuum cleaner can save you here again.
- Put a sock over the nozzle of your vacuum cleaner
- Tighten this with an elastic band
- Run the sock-covered vacuum cleaner behind couches, under cushions and around heavy pieces of furniture to find your tiny lost items
5. Freshen Upholstery and Carpets
Here’s a wonderful collaboration between your vacuum cleaner and baking soda. Both items can work together to remove foul odour and brighten your furniture.
- Sprinkle a lot of baking soda on your upholstery and carpets
- Rub it in lightly with a damp sponge or a mop
- Allow the baking soda to remain on the surfaces for at least one hour
- Use your vacuum cleaner to suck it up
The result will amaze you!
6. Insect Control
A vacuum cleaner is a great way to remove mites and your skin cells (which they feed on) from your. Study has shown that vacuuming kills 96 per cent of fleas (adult and larvae) in your home.
You vacuum cleaner can capture insects that gather in tight corners.
Over to you!
Here are 6 amazing uses of a vacuum cleaner. Sharing is caring! So, feel free to click a share icon and pass this over to people you care about.